Petition to Modify

In the State of Utah, in order to obtain a modification to a divorce decree or paternity order, the parties must either (1) agree or (2) the party seeking to change the order must show that there has been (a) a substantial and material change in circumstances, not anticipated at the time of the decree (final permanent order).  If there is a child/children involved, the party seeking the change must show (b) that it is in the best interest of the child/children.